3-minute read time
In today’s world, where technology plays a crucial role in business operations, having IT support is a sensible decision. However, not all IT service providers are reliable, and many companies have experienced this firsthand.
So, why do people avoid switching providers?
Everyone has a tool. The success of your organization comes from how the carpenter wields the tool, not simply the tool itself. The results are determined by the mastery of skill and the approach.”Gar Whaley, IT Service Provider Founder
Many businesses have high expectations for their IT service provider but may be hesitant to switch even if their current one is not meeting their needs.
The reason for this is simple: They are afraid they won’t be able to find a quality provider, making them feel stuck with their existing solution. In many business owners’ minds, looking for a better-quality provider is a waste of precious time and effort.
Unfortunately, tolerating low-quality IT services can harm your business in the long term, but what should you look for in a provider? Discover the signs it’s time to find a different solution.
Signs of a Sub-Par IT Support Team
We recommend that you evaluate your provider at least once a year to ensure they are still meeting your needs. Here are a few signs you should look for:
- They don’t offer 27/7/365 monitoring of services.
- The support team delivers poor customer service.
- They don’t offer cybersecurity awareness training and simulated phishing tests.
- The support team is always late or rushed. They miss deadlines without providing explanations or apologies.
- They are defensive when you question the recommendations they make, deadlines they set, or project costs.
- They have a weak security stack. They don’t provide a proactive approach to network monitoring, best security practices, or don’t offer any solutions at all.
- They provide a slow, or unreliable, network. Downtime can cost small businesses from $8K to $74K per hour.
- They don’t explain the options for resolving an issue; it is their way or nothing.
- They use overly technical jargon to try and dodge your concerns or questions.
- They leave the office a mess with cables exposed and furniture not moved back into its proper position.
Vet Potential IT Providers with This FREE Questionnaire
The Unfortunate Cost of Poor IT Service Delivery
If your current provider is showing any of those signs, then it would benefit you to take the time to seek out a different solution for your organization. Because not only are they not holding up their end of the contract, but this type of service can result in:
- Unnecessary frustration
- Unknown security risks
- Reduced productivity
- Financial loss
Your company deserves nothing less than spectacular service. The importance of top-tier IT support cannot be overstated when it comes to your organization’s ability to achieve unparalleled growth in today’s fiercely competitive marketplace.
Change is Easier Than You Think
While changing IT service providers can be intimidating at first, once you call or message a few providers for bids, you will find they are more than accommodating to your needs.
Many quality IT service providers will provide an on-site evaluation to determine your specific needs, and they will offer a detailed bid of their services, so you know what to expect.
Remember, choosing an effective provider is more than looking for the lowest cost. While you do want to find a provider who fits into your budget, you need to find a partner who is in alignment with your company’s:
Enlisting the assistance of an exceptional managed service partner can pay off in many ways, including:
- Increased ROI
- Company growth
- Increased security
- Increased productivity
Empower Business Growth through Exceptional IT Service Delivery
Don’t settle for a sub-par IT provider simply because it is easy. Taking the time to evaluate your existing provider and finding a new service for IT support will lead to many benefits.
Choosing the right managed service provider for your small business is vital. We recommend downloading our checklist to find the best IT service provider for your organization. It contains 50+ questions that will help guide you to the best solution for your organization.
If you have any questions about the checklist or want to learn more about the services we offer, feel free to contact us. Our experts would be happy to assist your organization in reaching your goals.