Due to innovative technology and most business’s high reliance on it, it doesn’t make sense for them not to have some type of IT support. However, what many businesses learn the hard way is that not all IT service providers are created equal.
Even though businesses realize that their IT service provider is not really providing stellar results, they are still hesitant to begin searching for a new one. The reason for this is simple — they are afraid they won’t be able to find a quality provider, leaving them crawling back to their existing provider. In many business owners’ minds, this is a complete waste of time and effort.
As a result, they simply “deal” with the sub-par services. The problem is their business will suffer in the long run.
Business owners should take some time to really evaluate their IT provider at least once a year. Some of the signs that their services are simply not up to par are highlighted here:
Signs of a Sub-Par IT Support Team
• The support team is always late or rushed. They miss deadlines without providing explanations or apologies.
• They leave the office a mess with cables exposed and furniture not moved back into its proper position.
• They are defensive when you question the recommendations they make, deadlines they set, or project costs.
• They don’t provide a proactive approach to network monitoring or support.
• They don’t explain the options for resolving an issue — it is their way or nothing at all.
• They use overly-technical jargon to try and dodge your concerns or questions.
If you find that the service you are using for IT support is guilty of any of the above things, it is time to seek service elsewhere. Not only are they not really holding up their end of the contract, they may be providing services that are costing your business in terms of productivity and money.
Making a Change — It is Not as Hard as You May Think
While changing IT service providers can be a bit intimidating at first, the fact is once you call a few services for bids you will find they are more than accommodating to your needs. In fact, most quality IT service providers will not only provide an on-site evaluation to determine your specific needs, they will offer a detailed bid of the services they offer so you know what to expect. While you will still have to put some time and effort into finding the right service provider, it will be time well spent.
Businesses should not just settle for a sub-par IT provider simply because it is easy. When they take the time to evaluate their existing provider and find a new service for IT support when needed, they can increase their business productivity and profitability. To learn more, contact us today. We can help you find the IT service provider you need and deserve.