1-minute read + video
Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC) Update
The Department of Defense (DoD) announced in November 2021, that they were going to revamp the Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC) that government contractors need to abide by. The new model will include an updated program structure and requirements. So, why is CMMC important, and what does this update mean for your organization?
Benefits of CMMC
CMMC is essential to your organization’s cybersecurity as you support the DoD in its mission. The benefits of CMMC are plentiful and include:
- Maximizing cybersecurity resilience.
- Recovery from cyber-attacks without financial consequences.
- Utilizing cybersecurity best practices across maturity levels.
The updated CMMC compliance model is beneficial for aligning cybersecurity requirements to other federal requirements, and it will help reduce costs for small businesses – which is a big win when you have access to a limited budget.
CMMC Expert Guide
Are you prepared for the new CMMC update? Aligned’s CMMC experts, Gar Whaley (CISSP, RP, CISM) and Justin Week (CISSP, RP, GXPN), hosted a webinar to answer frequently asked questions to help you prepare.
Their short 30-minute webinar will explain:
- What CMMC 2.0 is
- What the certification process looks like
- How to prepare for it
- When you need to be ready
- How often audits take place
- What the Shared Responsibility Model is
- And a lot more….